More mods/admins in different time zones

Post and discuss ideas and suggestions for the server here

More mods/admins in different time zones

Postby DaNIeL127 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:02 am

Lately I have been seeing an imbalance of the amount of mods/admins that are online during different times of the day.

When I play during the morning (10am Australian eastern standard time) I see at least 2 or 3 mods/admins that are online, therefore the amount of racist remarks, word filter abuse and general rule breaking is kept to a minimum just because of the presence of admins/mods.

But, when I play during the night (the time of me posting this thread) I hardly ever see a single admin/mod online and I have to put up with people breaking the rules (mostly racism and homophobic remarks).

An idea would be having mods without the [Mod] tag, but the kick function would have to be used more often, because players tend to break the rules when they think mods and admins aren't around to see it which would be a major downfall.

So my point is, we need a more diverse range of admins/mods that can be online at different times, whether it is a different "undercover" mod or just more normal mods, so there it basically at least one mod/admin online at one given time.
DaNIeL127

Re: More mods/admins in different time zones

Postby Bler » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:19 pm

DaNIeL127 wrote:Lately I have been seeing an imbalance of the amount of mods/admins that are online during different times of the day.

When I play during the morning (10am Australian eastern standard time) I see at least 2 or 3 mods/admins that are online, therefore the amount of racist remarks, word filter abuse and general rule breaking is kept to a minimum just because of the presence of admins/mods.

But, when I play during the night (the time of me posting this thread) I hardly ever see a single admin/mod online and I have to put up with people breaking the rules (mostly racism and homophobic remarks).

An idea would be having mods without the [Mod] tag, but the kick function would have to be used more often, because players tend to break the rules when they think mods and admins aren't around to see it which would be a major downfall.

So my point is, we need a more diverse range of admins/mods that can be online at different times, whether it is a different "undercover" mod or just more normal mods, so there it basically at least one mod/admin online at one given time.

Somewhere on this forum, I posted an idea for "undercover Mods." You might look for that to see what people have said about the idea.
kasumi
*steals Ownership of the server
Bler

Postby DaNIeL127 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:33 pm

I did read that, only downside I can see is the fact that players breaking the rules won't listen to you without the [Mod] or [Admin] tag therefore the kick function would have to be used more often.
DaNIeL127

Postby Bler » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:58 pm

DaNIeL127 wrote:I did read that, only downside I can see is the fact that players breaking the rules won't listen to you without the [Mod] or [Admin] tag therefore the kick function would have to be used more often.

Personally, I think that's a good thing. If they can't listen to warnings about breaking the rules, they aren't the kind of people we really want on the server, regardless of who gave the warnings.
Besides, eventually, the server will learn that they're accountable for their actions, even if there doesn't appear to be any staff members online.

The only issue I see is that some trolls might abuse that and pretend to be undercover staff members.
kasumi
*steals Ownership of the server
Bler

Postby DaNIeL127 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:02 am

Bler wrote:
DaNIeL127 wrote:I did read that, only downside I can see is the fact that players breaking the rules won't listen to you without the [Mod] or [Admin] tag therefore the kick function would have to be used more often.

Personally, I think that's a good thing. If they can't listen to warnings about breaking the rules, they aren't the kind of people we really want on the server, regardless of who gave the warnings.
Besides, eventually, the server will learn that they're accountable for their actions, even if there doesn't appear to be any staff members online.

The only issue I see is that some trolls might abuse that and pretend to be undercover staff members.

Thats a good point, maybe if we just added a strict rule about impersonating staff members? That would stop most trolls.
DaNIeL127

Postby DaNIeL127 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:53 am

And again there are over 50 people online and not a single mod/admin, I think this is a problem that needs to be addressed.
DaNIeL127

Postby Jman100 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:54 pm

I'll look into it.
Jman100
Site Admin

Return to Ideas